- Minimum rental period is one (1) month. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, equipment is rented on the basis of a calendar month commencing from the date of delivery and concluding on the date the returned equipment is received by Medistore.
- Customer shall pay the monthly rental fee in advance and prior to shipment of equipment. Subsequent invoices will be issued monthly, in advance, and payable within seven (7) days. Any equipment not returned by the monthly anniversary shall incur another month’s rental fee, and such shall continue to occur on the monthly anniversary until the equipment is returned. The cost of recovering any default payments will be met by the customer.
- The Customer agrees with Medistore that:
a. The equipment shall remain the property of Medistore
b. The customer shall not sell, lend, pledge, assign, mortgage, transfer or otherwise trade the equipment without the written consent of Medistore.
c. The customer shall keep the equipment at the address listed on the rental agreement without the written consent of Medistore.
d. The customer shall use the equipment in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
e. The customer will keep the equipment in good working condition during the term of the rental period and will return the equipment in such condition (with the exception of acceptable wear and tear).
f. The customer shall not authorise any third party to repair or service the equipment without the written consent of Medistore.
g. Equipment must be returned in the original box and bag used for packaging otherwise a replacement fee will be charged.
- In the event the equipment (or any component) is damaged or lost during the rental period, the customer is responsible for reimbursing Medistore at cost.
- In the event the equipment returned to Medistore is unduly clean or soiled, Medistore reserves the right to charge a cleaning fee.
- Medistore warrants that each item of equipment rented is of reasonable quality and fit for the purpose for which it was designed.
- The rental agreement shall be terminated and Medistore will be entitled to the immediate return of the equipment should any of the following occur:a. the customer defaults on payment by the due date, including any fees or expenses outstanding
b. the customer breaches any of the terms of this rental agreement
c. the customer does anything to endanger the safekeeping or condition of the equipment
d. an order is made for the seizure of assets of the customer, or the customer enters into any composition or arrangement with creditors
- If a customer chooses to provide Medistore with credit card details for the purposes of paying for the equipment, Medistore may:
a. charge all fees to the customer’s credit card on a monthly basis from the rental commencement date
b. disclose the customer’s credit card details, to, and obtain information from, any financial institution or credit issuer to verify the credit card details
c. take steps to verify there is sufficient credit on the customer’s account to pay for the contracted rental equipment
- This rental agreement does not exclude or limit in anyway the benefit to the customer of such conditions, warranties and other rights as implied by law, however Medistore limits its liability wherever permitted to the maximum possible under the law.
- The customer shall keep Medistore indemnified against loss or damage which may arise in respect of the equipment or from possession or use of the equipment by the customer or any other person in any manner whatsoever during the rental period, until the equipment is returned.
- In the event the customer seeks to purchase the equipment, the equipment remains the property of Medistore until all payment by way of rental and purchase price have been received in full by Medistore.
Rent to Buy
If at any time during the rental period the customer chooses to purchase the equipment, Medistore will deduct from the full purchase price 50% of any rental fees already paid to that date (to a maximum 50% of the recommended retail price).
For purchases made within 12 months from the initial rental date, the full manufacturer’s warranty will apply from date of purchase. For all other purchases, a standard three month warranty on used goods will apply.